This is a fantastic summer makeup tutorial, by Motives Maven Maryam Maquillage, using the Motives Mavens Element Palette. This look, called “Summer Sparkle”, is her favorite for for summer parties.
Many people have ask about brushes. I this tutorial, Maryam used the Motives 15-Piece Professional Brush Set.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to create this eye shadow look:
- To begin the eyes, dip your Motives primer brush in Motives Eye Base and prime the lids from the last line to the brow bone. Maryam likes to match the brand of her eye base to that of her eye shadows.
- Next, use the Motives Mavens Element Palette. Apply the color Native using a precision crease brush by gently outlining the crease and then blending it out.
- Using the same brush, apply the color Truffle to emphasize the crease. Truffle is a gorgeous rich brown with golden sparkles. For Blending, Maryam recommends using a fluffy brush from the same brush set to diffuse the edges using a windshield wiper motion.
- Next, pick up the color Shell, a shimmery highlight shade, and add it to the inner corner of the eye using the brush that is included in the Element palette. Then, add it to the brow bone, right under the brow arch.
- Pick up the color Raven (matte black) with a detailing brush and use it to deepen the outer V, blending it with the rest of the shadow. You may extend it out to a cat-eye shape if that is your preference.
- Clean off the fluffy brush and dip it in the color Birch (matte vanilla). Use Birch to clean up the brow bone. Using this color underneath the brow will open up the eye.
- Dip a flat brush into Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Gold Rush and pop it all over the inner lid and inner lash line. Keep patting on that color until you reach your desired result then clean off the brush so that you can use it with the next color.
- Pick up Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Crystal Blue and add it to the outer half of the lid, blending the transition between “Gold Rush”. “Crystal Blue” has teal and gold sparkles and looks very pretty in sunlight so add it to the lower lash-line as well.
- Dip the same brush in Mac Reflects Glitter in Reflects Gold glitter and add a little bit to the lid. This glitter is very fine and may fall out on your face. Use a fan brush to remove the fallout.
- Next, mix some Motives Glitter Pots in Pot of Gold with some Motives Glitter Adhesive to create a glitter liner that you will add on top of the gold eye shadow.
- For the eyeliner, use Benefit Push-Up Liner. Use short strokes to perfect the line.
- Use Motives Liquid Eyeliner in Noir to etch out a super-fine wing in one swift movement. Noir has a matte finish and comes with a very tiny brush. It is great for perfecting the line and painting your lash extensions.
- Apply your favorite lashes. Conceal the band with Motives Liquid liner.
- Add a nude eyeliner to the waterline to make the eyes appear bigger and brighter.
That’s it. This fresh summer look can be worn to any summer, outdoors event to catch the sunlight and radiate the sparkle.
If you enjoyed this tutorial, please follow the artist, Maryam Maquillage at her blog, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.