I am thrilled to be able to share this Quick Daily Makeup tutorial using all Motives Cosmetics. This video tutorial is by Amanda Miller. Amanda is an Illinois and St. Louis based Makeup artist and licensed aesthetician. She is experienced in commercial, bridal, editorial, runway, special events and video. I’m also happy that Amanda is a Motives Pro Artist on my team. Please follow Amanda Miller Makeup Artistry on YouTube and Facebook and visit her web site.
Here is how you can get a quick, everyday, professional look:
- Start out with a clean, toned and moisturized face.
- Next, apply a pea-size amount of Motives Perfecting Face Primer to your T-Zone area, or wherever your pores are the most pronounced.
- Motives Perfecting Face Primer will make your skin look pore-less and younger and will prevent your foundation from fading.
- Apply a small amount of VitaShield Intensive Eye Firming Treatment using your ring finger and a tapping motion.
- Vitashield Eye Firming Treatment is full of Antioxidants and Vitamins that will de-puff and tighten the skin around your eyes.
- Use a small amount of Motives Eye Base on your eyelids. Rub until the cream melts into the skin, leaving a flawless velvety texture.
- Motives Eye Base will help cover blue veins or any pigmentation. It will will make your eye shadow last longer and the pigment stand out stronger.
- Apply the color “Shell” from the Motives Mavens Element Palette from your lash-line to your brow bone using a blender brush.
- With the same brush, apply the color “Native”, also from the Element Palette, into the crease using a windshield wiper motion.
- Next, apply the color “Truffle” on outer edge of the eye, blending inward. This will help define the eye, giving it a soft, smokey look without closing it in.
- Use a blender brush to be sure that everything is blended together and that there are no harsh lines.
- Use the same blender brush to apply the color “Serene”, also from the Motives Mavens Element Palette right on lid, near the middle of the lid to give eyes a pop.
- Next, go in with the Motives Waterproof Eye Pencil in Black Magic to line the eyes, using small dashes to make the lashes look thicker and not necessarily a straight line. This does not have to be perfect; just as close the lashes as possible. Go half way on the inner rim of the lower lash-line.
It is, by far, the best waterproof eyeliner I’ve ever worked with. It glides right over the eyelid without tugging and it really is waterproof.
- Set the liner and make it bulletproof by taking a small angled brush and the applying “Raven” from the Motives Mavens Element Palette and pressing it right on the dashes. Smear just a tad to create an actual line.
Everything that is cream based, I always set it with a powder.
- Add the color “Shell” right into the tear ducts to give your eyes a little pop.
- Use a small amount of Motives Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation.
- This is a 3-in-1 product, providing SPF, foundation & powder.
- It offers build-able coverage. Apply a small amount and if you need a little more coverage, just add another layer….it won’t look cakey!
- Apply the lightest shade of the Motives Color Perfection Quad under your eyes using a damp blending sponge. Use other shades to conceal any blemishes or pigmentation. Apply using a pressing and dabbing technique, ensuring that the product is absorbed by your skin, which will provide more coverage and will make the foundation last longer.
- The Motives Color Perfection Quads contain four colors so you can customize the perfect shade. They offer a very creamy texture and will glide right over the skin. They stay on top of the skin, proving a non-cakey, more natural look.
- Set your foundation using a powder brush to apply Motives Luminous Translucent Loose Powder. Press into the skin and then buff over entire face.
- Motives Luminous Translucent Loose Powder will give a velvety finish to the skin without looking over-powdered.
- It has been jet-milled, which will make your face look so soft and pore-less
I love this powder. It is definitely a must-try.
- Use a large powder brush to apply Motives Pressed Bronzer in Miami Glow to the highest points of your face: nose, cheeks, forehead, chin, neck and chest. Miami Glow is called the “J-Lo Glow” bronzer. It provides the perfect youthful glow to the skin.
- Take a contouring brush and apply the contour (darker) color from the Motives Shape & Sculpt Duo starting from the top of your ear sweeping toward the corner of your mouth, but not actually touching your lip. Also apply the contour color along the jawline, sides of forehead and down sides of nose. Use the highlight color under eyes, down center of nose, upper lip and center of the chin. The highlighter doesn’t have a shimmer to it, but a luminosity effect. Perfect!
- Next, add some color to your cheeks by applying Motives Pressed Blush in Porcelain Doll right on the apples of your cheeks and blend up toward your temples.
- Motives Pressed Blush has been jet-milled, so it is ultra-fine and still very pigmented.
- It gives your skin a nice glow without looking powdery.
Finish off the Eyes:
- Smudging “Native” from the Element Palette on the lower lash line to give a soft smokey effect.
- Grab the highlighting color “Shell” and pop that in your inner corners of your eyes.
- Define your eyebrows by using a small angled brush and the color “Native” from the Elements Palette. Use short hair-like strokes throughout your brows.
- Apply a couple coats of Motives for La La Mineral Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara. It is non-flaking and smudge proof; perfect for sensitive eyes.
- Finish up the look with Motives for La La Mineral Lip Shine in Celeb.
- It feels smooth, silky, and non-sticky
This lip gloss looks phenomenal on every client that I’ve ever put it on no mater what age or race … It is comparable to Chanel at half the price.