We love this glamorous “Purple Smokey Eye” by our Motives Maven, Maryam Maquillage. Maryam sported this look at the 2015 Market America (parent company of Motives Cosmetics) World Conference Gala! This look was created using the brand new Motives Mavens DYNASTY and DEMURE eye shadow palettes on her eyes! Check out Maryam’s complete tutorial.
Get The Look Daytime:
- First, prime your eyelids. Maryam used two primers for this tutorial. In order to prevent creasing and smudging, Maryam used LIME CRIME Eyeshadow Helper all over her lids including a heavy application to the inside and outside corners. Next, Maryam applied Motives Eye Base the movable part of the lid as well as the lower lash line to help with blending and to keep the eye shadow smooth and seamless.
- Next, define your brow bone with the lightest shade from the Motives Mavens Sculpt Series in Fire and a flat brush. Blend it out with a brush or with your finger.
- Apply the shade, Thea, from the Motives Mavens Dynasty Palette right over the highlight to further define the brow bone.
- For the next step, switch to the Motives Mavens Demure Palette. Apply the color ‘There” with a Wayne Goss 19 brush. Start at the outer corner of the crease in small circular motions and then drag the color inward.
- Apply the same shadow, with a Wayne Goss 05 brush, to the lower lash line so smoke it out a little bit.
- Gently apply the color “Lush” from the Demure Palette, with a Wayne Goss 04 (pointed crease) brush, to the outer portion of the crease. Blend. Add a little more “Lush” and blend again.
- Use the same color, with a #5 brush, to the outer corner of the lower lash line.
- Clean up the number 04 brush on a clean paper towel and use it to very gently apply the color “Electra”, from the Dynasty Palette, right into the crease. Use a windshield washer motion to deposit the color and add more depth to the eye.
- Apply the same shade to the lower-outer lash line with the smaller brush to connect the outer corner and the lash line.
- Apply Make Up For Ever Aquamatic Liner I-90 (purple) on the movable part of the lid, below the crease. Blend it out using your finger. Also apply to the lower lash-line – just half-way in and connect at the outer corner. Blend.
- Apply some more “Electra” over the purple base along the border where it meets the other shadows, keep the center part blank. Also, apply a little to the lower lash line.
- Apply the color “Pandora”, from the Dynasty Palette, to the very center of the lid. The two purple shades look similar in the palette but they are quite different in their texture and finish.
- Create a wing using Inglot Matte Eyeliner Gel 77.
- Choose your favorite false eyelashes.
That completes the daytime look.
Next, here are the steps to convert this look for Nighttime:
- Apply the color “Medusa”, from the Dynasty Palette, right in the outer V to deepen the gradient and add more drama to the eye.
- Line the waterline with the gel eyeliner and smudge the liner underneath the lower lash line. Use a tiny brush with “Medusa” to smudge the lower lash line a little more and to connect it to the wing.
- Use Jordana Cat Eye Liner 01 in “Black Leather” to etch out the wing and give it some shine.
- Choose your favorite lashes.
Enjoy this sultry smokey eye. The heavy liner in the waterline really brings the look together. This is appropriate for any upscale event.